Masala Aloo Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Masala aloo roti, the unique flavour of this roti is crafted by the jeera, green chillies and pepper along with the potatoes, which also adds softness to the roti. The potatoes and maida also aid in binding. Relish this delight with a vegetable of your choice.
- 2 cups arrowroot (paniphal) flour
- ½ cup plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- ½ tsp coarsely ground cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Other Ingredients
- plain flour (maida) for rolling
- oil for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), and cook the roti on a medium flame using a little oil, till gold brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve immediately with a subzi of your choice.
If you find difficulty in rolling the rotis, roll them between 2 greased sheets of plastic.