Mini Jowar Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
Pancakes can be made from a variety of different flours. Add cucumber, onions, curds and green chillies to otherwise bland jowar flour to create soft and tasty pancakes. Pair them with fresh green chutney for a great breakfast!
- ½ cup jowar (white millet) flour
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh curds (dahi)
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. 5 to 7 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Grease a non-stick mini uttapa pan with a little oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter in each of the uttapa moulds and spread it gently in a circular motion to make a round.
- Cook using a little oil, till they turn brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.