Ogganni with Murmura
Recipe type: Breakfast
Very popular andhra variety food loved by most of the people, if u love poha den we can try a new variety with murmura also eaten as breakfast or evening snack..
- 500 gms puffed rice (kurmura)
- 100 gms roasted chana dal (daria)
- 5 green chillies , chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tomatoes , finely chopped
- 2 onions , diced
- For Tempering
- 4 tbsp oil
- 10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tbsp chana dal (split bengal gram)
- Clean and soak the puffed rice in enough water till they become soft.
- Squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Blend the chana dal to a coarse powder in a mixer and keep aside.
- Combine the green chillies, ginger, garlic and ½ cup coriander and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal ,chana dal and curry leaves and saute till they change into light brown colour.
- Add the onions and chilli-ginger paste and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 minutes or till the tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add the soaked puffed rice, powdered roasted chana dal and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.