poha dosa or atukula dosa recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
poha dosa – soft, spongy and porous dosa from andhra cuisine
- 2 cups regular rice – i used basmati rice
- 1 cup poha-flattened rice/parched rice
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 cup curd whisked with 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for frying the dosa
- wash the rice, poha and urad dal.
- in a bowl or pan, soak the rice, poha and urad dal in the buttermilk mixture for 2-3 hours.
- drain and reserve the liquid.
- grind to a smooth batter adding about 1.5 to 2 cups of the reserved liquid.
- add soda and salt.
- mix well.
- ferment for 4-5 hours.
- heat a tava or griddle.
- take a ladle of batter and make a ¼ inch thick dosa.
- drizzle oil around the edges.
- cover the dosa with a lid and cook for 1-2 minutes till the base is cooked and crisp and the top is soft and spongy.
- you can cook the other side if you want.
- serve poha dosa hot with coconut chutney.