Soya Toovar Dal Roti ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
Recipe type: Breakfast
Soya toovar dal roti, these unique rotis flavoured with garlic are a healthy combination of four flours – soya, jowar, wheat and toovar dal. Rich in proteins, calcium and iron, this one is a real star recipe!
- ¼ cup soya flour
- 3 tbsp jowar (white millet) flour
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 3 tbsp cooked toovar (arhar) dal
- ½ tsp oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- ¼ tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp oil for kneading
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft, smooth dough, using enough water. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp of oil till smooth and divide it into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using al little flour for rolling.
- Place the roti on a non-stick tava (griddle) and turn over in a few seconds.
- Cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Lift the roti with a pair of flat tongs and roast over an open flame till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining portions to make 3 more rotis. Serve hot.