Stuffed Spinach Dosa
Recipe type: Breakfast
Stuffed Spinach Dosa, this dosa is completely irresistible! It has a cheesy corn stuffing and the dosas are made with batter flavoured with spinach. Next time when you have guests over, serve this dosa, everyone will relish it.
- For The Batter
- 1 cup raw rice (chawal)
- ¼ cup urad dal (split black lentils)
- ½ tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 3 tbsp beaten rice (poha)
- water for soaking
- ½ cup spinach (palak) puree
- oil for greasing
- butter for cooking
- For The Stuffing
- 1 cup boiled corn
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- For Serving
- tomato ketchup
- For the batter
- Wash and rinse the beaten rice.
- Combine washed and rinsed rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in deep bowl.Add the rinsed beaten rice and water, mix well and let it soak overnight.
- Drain and blend in a mixer using water to make a thick batter.
- Transfer into a deep bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside to ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add the spinach puree and salt to the batter, mix well and keep aside.
- For the stuffing
- Combine the corn, capsicum, onion, coriander, chaat masala and chilli flakes in a bowl and mix well.
- How to proceed
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Grease the tava with a little oil.
- Pour a laddleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a dosa.
- Smear 1 tsp butter over it and along the edges and cook on medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- On half portion of the dosa spread the stuffing and sprinkle cheese over it.
- Fold the other half portion of the dosa over the stuffing and cook for 20 seconds. Turn over the dosa and cook on the other side.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make more dosas.
- Cut dosa into two and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.