Vegetable & Egg Casserole
Recipe type: Brunch
Tired of the same old breakfast/brunch recipes? Try this delicious Vegetable & Egg Casserole. It’s a great one pot meal and can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning – or when you need it. This Vegetable & Egg Casserole is one to keep in mind when you have overnight guests or family visiting for the holidays.
- Eggs – 4 Large
- Spinach – 1 cup packed, roughly chopped
- Bell Pepper – ½ cup, diced
- Mushrooms – 1 cup, sliced
- Green Onions – 2 stalks, finely chopped
- French Bread – cubed
- Cheese – 1½ cups, shredded
- Salsa – 1 cup
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Cilantro/Coriander – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Salt/Pepper – to taste
- Green Chilies – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 2.75 – 3 quart baking dish with oil.
- Layer Spinach, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer cubed French bread over the veggies.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the bread and set aside.
- In a bowl, add Eggs, Milk, Salt, Pepper and beat well.
- Add to the egg mixture, Cilantro, Green Onions, Green Chilies and Salsa. Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the French bread.
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove casserole and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve hot with additional salsa or pickled jalapenos.