Recipe type: Breakfast
Learn how to make Ven Pongal recipe using our easy to make homemade Ven Pongal recipes. Try this homemade Ven Pongal cooking recipe at your home.
- Raw Rice - 2 Cups
- Moong Dal (Passi Parupu) - 1 Cup
- Ghee - ⅓ Cup
- Green Chilies - 6
- Finely Chopped Ginger - ½ tsp
- Pepper Corns - 15-20 nos
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - few
- Salt - to taste
- Wash the rice and dal.
- Heat ½ of the ghee in a pan.
- Add Cumin seeds, Ginger, Green chilies and pepper corns.
- Put rice and dal and roast lightly.
- Add 6 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Remove from heat and leave for 10mins.
- Open the pressure cooker and add the remaining ghee and mix well.
- Serve hot with Coconut chutney/ Sambhar.