Almond and Banana Smoothie
Recipe type: Drinks
Fruit and nuts complement each other no matter in what form. When you don’t have time for a cooked breakfast whip up a hearty almond and banana smoothie for instant energy!
- 4 tbsp blanched and de-skinned almonds (badam)
- 1 cup roughly chopped bananas
- 1½ cups chilled milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 8 ice-cubes
- Combine the almonds, bananas and ½ cup of milk and blend in a juicer till the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Add the sugar, remaining 1 cup of milk, vanilla essence and 8 ice-cubes and blend in a juicer till the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour equal quantities of the smoothie into 4 individual glasses.
- Serve immediately.