Capsicum masala rice
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
This fast and flavorful dish is a simple recipe, quick and easy-to-make and so tasty!Capsicum and roasted peanuts gives crunchy taste! Capsicum masala rice The capsicum masala rice is made of a mixture of roasted spices and peanuts for spiciness and nuttiness with various colors of bell peppers added to make it very colorful.
- Cinnamon Stick 1inch Piece
- Black Gram Daal(minnapappu) 1 Teaspoons
- Cumin Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Coriander Seeds 1 Tablespoons
- Dry Red Chillies(adjust Spice Level) 3-4 Piece
- Roasted Peanuts 3 Tablespoons
- Freshly Grated Coconut(Optional) 1 Tablespoons
- Ghee/Oil 2½ Tablespoons
- Black Mustard Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Capsicums(bell Peppers)-Thinly Sliced 2 Big
- Fresh Curry Leaves 10-12 Numbers
- Cooked Rice 3 Cup
- To the cooked rice add a tsp of Ghee and combine(each grain should be separate).
- Keep aside.Heat a tsp ghee in a cooking vessel on medium heat and add cumin seeds and black gram and fry till the cumin splutters and the dal turns light brown.
- Add the coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, curry leaves and dry red chillis and fry further for another minute till the rawness disappears and the flavors come out.
- Finally add the roasted peanuts and combine with the other spices for a few seconds and turn off heat.
- Once cool, grind to a make a fine powder. In the same vessel, add the remaining oil/ghee and once its hot, add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves and let the flavor of the curry leaves come out and the leaves turn crisp. Add the sliced capsicums and fry them for approx 3 minutes.
- Don’t over cook them, let the capsicums retain their crunchy texture.
- Add salt to taste and combine well. Reduce heat and add the cooked rice and combine with the spice mixture.
- Add the grated coconut,roasted peanuts and ground masala powder and combine with the rice till its well mixed Serve hot with pickle,yogurt,appadam(poppadams).