Egg Bhurji (Masala Egg Scramble)
Recipe type: Appetiser
Egg Bhurji is great for days when your refrigerator has no vegetables in it or you are just too tired to cook and need something quick! It can be served at breakfast, lunch or dinner, Masala Egg Scramble is fantastic any time of the day.
- Eggs – 3, well-beaten
- Milk – ¼ cup, optional
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – ¼, medium, finely chopped
- Ginger – ½ tsp, minced
- Garlic – ½ tsp, minced
- Green Chilies – to taste
- Tomato – ¼, medium
- Bell Pepper – ¼ cup, diced
- Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric Powder -1/8 tsp , optional
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Beat the Eggs and Milk (optional) well.
- Heat Oil in a non-stick pan.
- Once hot add in the Turmeric Powder and right after that the onions.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes till the Onions become translucent.
- Add in Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilies.
- Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add in Tomatoes, Bell Pepper and Cilantro.
- Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and the Garam Masala.
- Add a little Salt in the Eggs and give it another mix and add them into the Pan.
- Stir constantly and cook till the Eggs dry up to the desired consistency.
- Serve hot with Chapatis, Naan, Parathas or Bread.