Hyderabadi Veg Biriyani
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
- 2 cups Basmati rice (soaked for 20-25 mins)
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetables (Carrot, beans, Cauliflower, Peas, Potato)
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- ½" cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-6 Mint leaves
- ½ tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 cups Water
- Masala powder (dry roast) :
- 2 cloves
- ½" cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 small Star Anise
- ¼ tsp Shah Jeera
- 4 pepper corns
- To this powder add ¼ tsp Nutmeg powder
- Marinate :
- 1 cup thick Plain Yogurt(Curd)
- 2 Green Chillies (Slit)
- ½ tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Other ingredients :
- 8-10 pieces Paneer (fry in Ghee till golden brown. Keep aside)
- ½ cup chopped Onion
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced & fried golden brown)
- 2-3 tbsp chopped Cilantro (coriander)
- 2-3 tbsp chopped Mint leaves
- 2 tbsps Ghee (clarified Butter)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2-3 pinches of Safforn (soak in 1 tblsp warm Milk)
- In a bowl, add all the Marination ingredients & mix well. Add ground Masala powder & the fried Paneer pieces. Mix well & marinate for 30 mins.
- Half cook the Rice with the above mentioned ingredients & Vegetables. Strain the excess water & spread the rice to cool.
- In a deep Pan, add Oil & Ghee. Add Cumin seeds & chopped Onion & fry for a min. Add the Marinated ingredients & mix well for 20 secs. Add 1 cup water & cook till the gravy thickens. Remove ½ cup this mixture & keep aside.
- Spread a layer of Rice over the paneer mixture in the pan. Put some fried Onion, Mint leaves, Cilantro & Saffron Milk on top it.
- Spread the remaining Rice again. On top of it, spread remaining paneer mixture, another layer of Cilantro, Mint leaves, Saffron Milk & fried Onions. Cover a lid & cook on Medium heat for 3-4 mins. Now place a griddle/tava under the Biriyani pan. Lower heat to low & cook for 12-15 mins. Turn off heat & let it stand for 5 mins.
- Remove lid & mix gently. Garnish with chopped Cilantro & fried onions and serve hot with raita.