Recipe type: easyrecipes
Easy preparation to try at home on special occasions.U can try this pulav with pineapple,seedless grapes etc,.
- 2 cups basmati rice- washed and ghee-sauted(with 1 tbsp ghee)
- 1 kg Oranges(9 nos)
- 2 big onions-sliced
- 6 green chillies-slit
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf-crushed
- 2 green cardamom-crushed
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick-crushed
- 5 saffron strands-soaked in warm water
- 2 tsp ghee with 1 tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp salt
- few mint and coriander leaves(5-6 leaves each)
- 20 raisins and 10 cashew nuts, crushed and ghee-roasted
- Take 2½ cups thick Orange juice of 6 Oranges.Shredd the rinds of 3 remaining oranges.
- Pressure-cook ghee-sauted basmati rice with 2½ cups thick orange juice and ½ tsp salt upto 1 whistle.Turn off the flame and let the pressure be released.
- Meanwhile,heat ghee and oil in a kadai,bay leaf,cloves,cardamoms,cinnamon stick,sliced Onions and ginger-garlic paste.Saute till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add green chillies,mint and coriander leaves,cumin seeds,shredded orange rinds and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the basmati rice - cooked in Orange juice and mix well.
- Add ½ tsp salt and soaked saffron strands with water and mix well.
- Serve this Orange Pulav with Stew and raita of ur choice,etc,.