portuguese tomato rice
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
simple and easy to make portuguese tomato rice.
- 2 cups rice
- 4-5 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5-6 medium sized garlic, chopped or crushed
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- ¾ cup chopped coriander/cilantro leaves or parsley or equal amounts of coriander leaves and parsley leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 4 and a half cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 or 3 tbsp olive oil
- pick, clean and wash the rice.
- heat the olive oil in a deep pan.
- add the chopped onion and bay leaves and fry them till the onions become transparent.
- add the chopped or crushed garlic and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- now add the chopped tomatoes.
- cook the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes till they become soft.
- add the water or vegetable stock and chopped coriander leaves and parsley and let it come to a boil.
- add the rice, salt and pepper. cover the pan and let the rice cook till fluffy and done.
- garnish with a few chopped coriander and parsley leaves while serving the portuguese tomato rice.