Roasted sweet potato and brown rice salad
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
- 750g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 450g pkt microwaveable brown rice
- 250g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- ½ cup continental parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 40g pepitas, lightly toasted
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 70g pkt baby rocket leaves
- 50g fetta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place sweet potato in a large bowl. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with coriander and toss to combine. Season. Place in a single layer on tray. Spray with oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Prepare rice following packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Separate the grains with a fork. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Cook broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Add potato, broccoli, parsley, onion and pepitas to rice. Whisk orange juice and honey in a jug until combined. Pour over rice mixture, add rocket and fetta and toss to combine. Season.
Crunchy pepitas and creamy feta offer contrasting textures in this tasty main.