Schezuan Style Stir Fried Vegetables
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
Sizzle up any of your favourite vegetables as I have done in this recipe with a spicy Schezuan sauce. Garnish this dish with deep-fried rice noodles as I have done in the picture if you like.
- ½ cup cabbage cubes
- ½ cup sliced spring onions whites
- 2 cups pak choi, cut into wedges
- ¾ cup sliced baby corn (parboiled)
- ¾ cup broccoli florets, parboiled
- ¾ cup snow peas, cut into 2, blanched
- ½ cup capsicum, cut into wedges
- ½ cup zucchini, sliced
- 4 whole dry kashmiri red chillies, broken into pieces
- 4 tsp Schezuan Sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with ½ cup water
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan, add the dry red chillies, cabbage and ¼ cup water and allow it to cook till the water evaporates and the cabbage is tender.
- Add the spring onion whites, pakchoi and stir fry for another minute.
- Add all the other vegetables and the Schezwan sauce and cook for a minute.
- Add the cornflour paste, sugar and salt. Mix well and allow it to come to a boil.
- Serve immediately.