Spicy Potato Wedges
Recipe type: Appetiser
It’s hard to find too many people who don’t love potatoes. With the holidays coming up and big gatherings expected, try this simple recipe.Serve them up as appetizers for a party or just treat yourself to a batch! Ready for our prediction? These Spicy Potato Wedges will be a very important part of your lives and you’ll be looking for occasions to make them!
- Potatoes – 2, medium , wedged (approx ¾ lb or 300 gm)
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, smashed
- Black Pepper – ⅛ tsp
- Garlic Powder – ¼ tsp
- Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Flakes – ½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder/Amchur – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chaat Masala – to taste (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cut the Potatoes into wedges and soak in water.
- Remove the water from the Potatoes and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Salt the Potatoes and mix.
- Cover and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes till they are half cooked.
- Strain out all the water from the Potatoes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray Cooking Oil to avoid potatoes sticking to the foil.
- Add Oil to the Potatoes and mix well.
- Add in the Garlic and mix.
- Keep adding the balance of the dry spices and keep mixing: Red Chili flakes, Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and Amchur. Mix gently but well.
- Spread the wedges onto the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney and add Chaat Masala (optional).