Szechuan Green Beans
Recipe type: Appetiser
Szechuan Green Beans are the perfect accompaniment to your next Indo-Chinese meal. The tender, yet crisp green beans are coated in a zesty sauce and topped with toasted sesame seeds. Try this delicious and easy recipe today!
- Green Beans – 1 lb (500 gms)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- For Sauce:
- Sesame Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
- Scallion – 1 (white part) finely chopped
- Chili Sauce – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- White Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 3 Tbsp or to taste
- Corn Starch – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 Tbsp
- Toasted Sesame Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add Green Beans and cook uncover until tender and slightly caramelized (approx 20 mins). Stir often.
- Remove Green Beans from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add Sesame Oil and heat.
- Add Ginger, Garlic and Scallions. Cook for a minute.
- Add Chili Sauce, Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Sugar and the Corn Starch mixed with Water.
- Cook until the sauce thickens (a minute or so).
- Add back the Green Beans and toss to completely coat.
- Sprinkle Toasted Sesame Seeds and mix.
- Serve hot.