Tofu and Bean Sprouts Rice
Recipe type: Appetiser
The delicate blend of flavours and textures in this dish may not appeal to all, but it is a must for those who like to experiment beyond the traditional Chinese fried rice.
- 3 cups Chinese Rice
- 1 cup fried tofu (bean curd/ soya paneer)
- 1½ tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup sliced spring onions
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame, add the spring onions and sauté till they are tender.
- Add the Chinese 5 spice powder and sauté for ½ a minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and tofu and mix well.
- Add the rice, sugar and salt and toss well. Serve hot.