Chettinad Mutton Curry
Recipe type: Curries
Chettinad cuisine is widely known for its spice indulgence in any curry.Chettinad Mutton Curry is a delicious dish. Mutton curry is one of the famous recipes in most of the restaurants. ... known as chettinad mutton curry. Chettiar ladies are very conscious about to make spicy curries
- 1 kg Mutton
- 100 g Shallots (Kunjulli)
- 1 piece Ginger
- 5-8 Garlic Pods
- 2 pieces Cinnamon (Karugapatta)
- 4 Cloves (Grambu)
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeerakam)
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds (Perinjeerakam)
- Few Pepper Corns (Kurumulaku)
- 2 tsp Chilly Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- ¼ cup Oil
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Onions (large, finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 Tomatoes (sliced)
- Wash the mutton well and cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Put shallots, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, pepper corns, chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in a jar and grind them to a coarse paste.
- Use the above paste along with salt to marinate the mutton and keep it aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a cooker and add the marinated mutton.
- Pressure cook the mutton up to 4 whistles.
- Take a pan or kadai and heat oil in it.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add curry leaves, chopped onions and sauté well until they turn golden brown.
- Next, add in the chopped tomatoes and stir well until they turn tender.
- Add the mutton and cook until the oil separates from the curry.