Recipe type: Curries
Try the mouthwatering Chicken haveli with an array of spice powders and an assortment of handy ingredients. The chicken or murg recipe embodies the spiciness of chillies and peppers, rich flavours of cream, cashew paate, onion, garlic and ginger and an unique taste of coriander stems which are simmered along with chicken in the gravy.
- 1 kg chicken curry cut
- 150 gms finely chopped onions
- 250 gms tomatoes (chopped)
- 30 gms ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 100 ml oil
- 5 gms bayleaves (tejpatta)
- 5 gms cumin seeds (jeera)
- 5 gms cinnamon (dalchini)
- 5 gms cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp kashmiri deghi mirch powder
- 1 ltr chicken stock
- 50 gms cashewnuts (kaju) (fried and made into a paste)
- 50 gms coriander (dhania)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- finely chopped coriander (dhania) to garnish
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the whole spice and when they start to crackle add the onion.
- Fry till golden brown. take ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, deghi mirch powder and mix with a little bit of water.
- Add this mixture to the onion and sautt till dry.
- Add the tomatoes and salt.
- Saute till the tomatoes are well cooked.
- Add the chicken stock and boil.
- Add the washed chicken.
- Cook for 10 more minutes with coriander stems.
- Add the cashew paste. check chicken for tenderness.
- Give one boil before adding the hot spices powder.
- Remove from fire. separate the chicken pieces from the gravy.
- Strain the gravy before putting the chicken pieces back into it.
- Heat and serve garnished with fresh coriander