Chicken, pea and potato curry
Recipe type: Curries
This recipe is special served with a dollop of sour cream!
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1¼ tsp Keen’s Traditional Curry Powder
- 1¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼-1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 large Red Rascal potatoes, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 120g (3/4 cup) frozen peas
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Light sour cream, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Cook the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the curry powder, turmeric and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken, potato and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 30 minutes or until the potato is tender. Stir in the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve with rice and sour cream.