Chicken and sweet potato red curry
Recipe type: Curries
Whip up this Asian feast in no time with a well-stocked pantry.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 300g Steggles chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 250g orange sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 225g can pineapple pieces, drained
- Steamed jasmine rice and fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, stock, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Add sweet potato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Add corn, peas and pineapple. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Top with coriander. Serve with rice.
Timesaver shortcut: You could serve curry on noodles. Heat 250g dried vermicelli noodles following packet directions.