Chinese Style Lemon Chicken
Recipe type: Curries
This is an excellent lemon sauce. If you have ever ordered lemon chicken at a Chinese restaurant, you probably got a dish like this. You can also use this sauce on fish.
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tsp canola oil shopping list
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 crushed garlic cloves shopping list
- the zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tsp soy sauce (optional...tastes good but will make lemon sauce a little dark) shopping list
- the juice of one lemon shopping list
- 1tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp corn starch shopping list
- OK NOW FOR THE chicken shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a small sauce pan add the first 5 ingredients on low heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- add everything else and turn up heat to medium.
- Sauce will thicken, it is done.
- For the chicken:
- Pound chicken with a tenderizer hammer until chicken breasts are about ¼ inch thick.
- Heat oil in the skillet over med high heat
- Dip chicken in egg, then in breadcrumbs
- Put the chicken in skillet and pan fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- OR you can use this same cooking technique with fish (except you won't have to pound the fish)
- Keep the heat down to med when cooking fish
- Use white,salt-water fish, that is best.
- This dish is best served with white rice and peas.