Creamy paprika chicken and mushroom
Recipe type: non veg
This paprika chicken is full of spice but mild and creamy enough that even the kids will enjoy eating it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- ⅓ cup brandy (optional)
- 400g chicken tenderloins, cut into thirds
- ¾ cup reduced-fat thickened cream
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, leaves torn
- 375g packet dried egg pappardelle
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add brandy, if using. Bring to the boil. Add chicken, cream and ½ cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in spinach.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Serve chicken with pasta.