Ginger Fish Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Ginger is an essential ingredient in an Indian kitchen,without which many of our authentic delicacies would have never been born. Ginger and fish really hits it off in this Indian dish.
- 450 gm White Fish Fillets
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt
- Thumb-sized Fresh Ginger (finely shredded)
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest (grated)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest (grated)
- 2 Spring Onions (halved through the middle and finely shredded)
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- A handful of Fresh Basil Leaves (shredded)
- 1 tbsp Peanut or Groundnut Oil
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash the fish properly and pat it dry with a kitchen paper.
- Rub the coarse salt all over it and place it on a heatproof plate.
- Scatter the shredded ginger, orange zest and lemon zest evenly on it.
- Steam the fish for about 5 minutes.
- Scatter the spring onions over the fish then drizzle with the soy sauce and sprinkle over the basil.
- Heat the peanut or groundnut oil with the olive oil until just smoking then pour it over the fish and serve at once.