Hyderabadi Orange Chicken
Recipe type: Curries
Hyderabadi Orange Chicken is a delicious citrus chicken recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Hyderabadi Orange Chicken by following this easy recipe.
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp minced fresh Ginger Root
- ½ tsp minced Garlic
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp chopped Green Onion
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water
- ⅓ cup Rice Vinegar
- 2½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp grated Orange Zest
- For Chicken
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- First of all, pour 1½ cups water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce, into a saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
- Then, stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Bring it to a boil. Now, remove it from heat, and cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then place the chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag. When contents of saucepan have cooled, pour 1 cup of sauce into bag. You can reserve the remaining sauce.
- Seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In another resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Then, add the marinated chicken pieces, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken into the skillet, and fry till it gets brown on both sides. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe out the skillet, and add the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water and stir it into the sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add the chicken pieces, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.