Mutton Bones Rasam
Recipe type: Curries
Mutton bones rasam is a luscious, flavourful, tangy and spicy soup made of tender mutton bones
- Curry leaves - 1 numbers.
- • Tomato, chopped finely - 1 cup.
- • Tender mutton bones with fat - 250 grams.
- • Mint leaves - 1 numbers.
- • Salt to taste - tablespoons.
- For the spice mix: Dry red chillies - 3-4 nos Peppercorns - 1 tsp Cumin - 1 tsp Coriander seeds - 1 tsp Fennel seeds - ¢ tsp Ginger - few pieces Garlic - 5-6 cloves Shallots - 6-8 nos In a sauce pot, add in the tender bones and fat with water and cook for about an hour or put the bones with fat in a pressure cooker and cook until done. In another pan, dry roast dry red chillies, peppercorns, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, ginger, garlic and shallot. Grind all these ingredients to make a coarse paste. To the mutton bones, add tomatoes, little haldi powder, curry leaves, mint and salt. Add the coarse masala paste and mix well. Cover with lid and cook until the tomatoes are totally cooked. Switch off the flame and serve hot with any type of naan or rice.