Mutton Shashlik Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Mutton Shashlik recipe using our easy to make homemade Mutton Shashlik recipes. Try this homemade Mutton Shashlik cooking recipe at your home.
- 500 gm boneless mutton/beef cut into fairly large cubes
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt (dahi)
- 2 tbsp grated raw papaya
- chilli powder to taste
- 1 tsp powdered garam masala
- 1 tbsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2-3 capsicums
- 2 onions
- 3-4 tomatoes
- oil to brush
- chaat masala to garnish
- Prick meat cubes and marinate in the garlic, ginger, yogurt, raw papaya, chilli powder, black pepper, chilli powder, coriander powder, and salt. Leave thus 7 hours or overnight.
- Cut the capsicums, onions and tomatoes to match the meat cubes.
- Thread a piece of tomato, onion and capsicum into the skewer and follow with a cube of meat. Repeat thus having 3-4 pieces of meat sandwiched with the vegetables on each skewer.
- Pour whatever juices there may be over the prepared shashlik and place over a drip tray. Brush with oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or till cooked through and browned at the edges, or over a barbecue pit, or a grill. Brush again with a little oil when almost done.
- Serve hot over a bed of boiled rice.