Recipe type: Curries
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (see tip)
- 650g pork fillet, trimmed, cut into 5cm-long thin strips
- 400ml can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 120g green beans, trimmed, halved crossways
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1
- Heat a wok or large saucepan over high heat until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tender. Add curry paste and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Step 2
- Add pork and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until coated in curry mixture. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, capsicum and beans. Stir until well combined. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Step 3
- Spoon curry over rice. Top with peanuts and chilli. Serve.