Vanjaram Vepudu - Simple Fish Roast
Recipe type: Curries
Vanjaram fish ( spotted seer fish ),its a very easy recipe to make at home.enjoy ur weekend with this tasty,mouth watering one.
- 8-9 medium sized fish fillet, washed
- 1½ tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- juice of one lemon
- pinch cumin pwd
- large pinch coriander powder
- pinch turmeric pwd
- 1½ tsps red chilli pwd
- salt to taste
- 1¼ tbsps oil
- few curry leaves
- Combine ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, red chilli pwd, turmeric pwd, cumin pwd and coriander pwd in a flat dish. Apply this marinade lightly to the fish pieces and keep aside for 20-30 mts.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add few curry leaves, place the marinated fish and fry for 14-15 mts on low to medium flame.
- Once its nicely browned, flip over gently to the other side and roast fish for another 10-12 mts till browned.
- Serve hot with onion rings and lemon wedges.