Bean Sprouts Salad in A Peanut Chilli Dressing
Recipe type: salads
All things ‘beany’, especially bean sprouts and tofu are very popular in oriental cuisine. Bean sprout salad in a peanut chilli dressing is a tongue-tickling salad of bean sprouts and red capsicum tossed with a tangy and crunchy sauce of garlic, red chillies, soy sauce and peanuts, and garnished with fresh spring onions. Serve the salad as soon as you toss it, to ensure best texture and flavour, and to avoid sogginess.
- 1½ cups bean sprouts
- ¼ thinly sliced red capsicum
- salt to taste
- For The Dressing
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 finely sliced red chilli
- ¼ cup roasted and coarsely crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp oil
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp finely chopped spring onion greens
- For the dressing:
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Allow the mixture to cool, transfer into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Combine the bean sprouts, capsicum, red chilli and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over it, toss gently and serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.