Burhani raita recipe
Recipe type: salads
burhani raita - a creamy raita from the hyderabadi cuisine, flavored with garlic, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder. easy and quick raita recipe.
- 1 cup full fat yogurt/curd/dahi
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves/lahsun, crushed finely or minced
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or yellow chili powder (mirch powder)
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin powder/jeera powder
- black salt or regular salt as required
- with a wired whisk whip the yogurt till smooth.
- crush the garlic or mince them and add to the yogurt.
- add the red chili powder or roasted cumin powder and salt. stir well.
- you can also garnish the raita with a bit of cumin powder and red chili powder.
- serve burhani raita chilled or immediately. consume on the same day.