Ensaladilla rusa recipe
Recipe type: salads
ensaladilla rusa - an easy spanish vegetarian salad.
- 4-5 potatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- 100 gms green beans ( i substituted peas with beans. if using peas, use ¾ cup shelled peas or frozen peas)
- 1 lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup eggless mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 stuffed green olives, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- boil the potatoes, carrots and green beans.
- once they cool, peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into cubes.
- chop the beans into small pieces.
- rinse the lettuce leaves well in running water to remove the mud particles.
- also rinse the basil leaves, celery and parsley.
- tear the lettuce leaves with your hands.
- chop the basil, celery and parsley.
- put all the veggies and greens in a salad bowl.
- in a separate bowl, take mayonnaise, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- whisk this mixture well so that the olive oil blends with the mayonnaise
- add this dressing to the veggies and greens.
- toss the salad with the dressing.
- garnish with stuffed olive rings.
- serve ensaladilla rusa immediately or serve cold.