Flax Seed Raita ( Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Calcium Rich Recipe )
Recipe type: salads
Flax seeds are one of the richest sources of omega 3 fatty acids, typically found in non-vegetarian dishes. Omega 3 fatty acids are a must in the vegetarian diet to build immunity, prevent ldl oxidation and heart ailments. This raita uses ground flax seeds for a delicious dish that your family will relish. Enjoy.
- 1 cup thickly grated bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
- 1 cup fresh low-fat curds (dahi) , beaten
- ½ cup finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 1½ tbsp roasted and coarsely ground flax seeds (alsi)
- ¼ tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- ½ tsp sugar
- Combine the bottle gourd with 2 tbsp of water in a deep pan, cover and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till all the water evaporates. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the bottle gourd in a bowl and whisk well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.