Fruit and Lettuce Salad ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: salads
A traditional middle eastern salad brimming with vitamin c from assorted fruits and lettuce. With an additional vitamin c from the lemony dressing, this salad qualifies to meet almost ¾th of your daily requirement for vitamin c.
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (iceberg , curly ,
- red lettuce , etc.)
- ½ cup papaya cubes
- ½ cup grapes , cut into halves
- ½ cup orange segments
- ½ cup sliced guava
- ½ cup quartered strawberries
- ½ cup watermelon (tarbuj) cubes
- 1 tbsp toasted sliced almonds (badam)
- To Be Mixed Together Into A Dressing
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.