Garden Salad ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
Recipe type: salads
Garden salad, not just for weight-watchers, but for everybody, this delicious salad also contains all the vitamins a and c needed in the full day's diet. Vitamin a is good for the eyes and a glowing complexion. Eating raw fruits and vegetables preserves both fibre and other nutrients.
- To Be Mixed Together Into A Thousand Island Dressing
- ½ cup thick fresh low-fat curds
- 1 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp finely chopped onions
- 2 tsp finely chopped capsicum
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 2 cups apples cut into 25 mm. (1”) cubes
- 1 mixed fruits , peeled and separated into segments
- ¼ cup capsicum cubes
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 8 to 10 lettuce leaves , torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped raisins (kismis)
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate to chill.
- Just before serving, add the thousand island dressing and toss well. Serve chilled.