Green Salad with Muskmelon Dressing ( Healthy Soups and Salad Recipe)
Recipe type: salads
An interesting combination of textures from lettuce, bean sprouts and broccoli. Dressed with unusual yet flavoured muskmelon dressing it also lends a vitamin a touch to this salad.
- 1½ cups iceberg lettuce , torn into pieces
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup blanched broccoli florets
- 2 celery (ajmoda) , chopped
- For The Dressing
- 1 cup chopped ripe muskmelon (kharbooja)
- ½ tsp crushed roasted cumin seeds (jeera)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- For the dressing:
- Blend the muskmelon to a smooth purée in a blender.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate till required.
- How to proceed:
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and refrigerate till chill.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.