KAMANG KAKDI CUCUMBER SALAD
Recipe type: salads
khamang kakdi is basically a cucumber salad. this recipe is a popular maharashtrian cucumber salad and is also known as kakdi chi koshimbir which in marathi language means, salad (koshimbir) made from cucumber (kakdi).cucumber, coconut, roasted peanuts, lemon juice & green chilies – tempered with mustard & curry leave will gives awosome flavours u can eat it directly also.
- Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Sugar Pinch
- Salt To Taste
- Coriander Leaves 1 Springs
- Fresh Grated Coconut 1 Tablespoons
- Roasted Peanut Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Green Chillies, Crushed 3-4 Numbers
- Cucumber 2 Numbers
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter 2 Teaspoons
- Peel the skin and cut cucumber into small pieces, rub little salt, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes. All the moisture in the cucumber would come out.
- Squeeze the cucumber and strain off the moisture.
- Heat little ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, as they start spluttering, add pinch of hing (asafoetida), crushed green chillies and sauté. Switch off the flame.
- Add in the cucumber pieces and stir well.
- Add pinch of sugar, peanut powder, grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cucumber salad is ready to be served.