Nutri Salad ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables)
Recipe type: salads
A medley of colourful veggies with a zesty apple-lemon juice-oregano dressing.
- For The Dressing
- ½ cup peeled and grated apples
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped raisins (kismis)
- Other Ingredients
- ¾ cup thinly sliced colored capsicum (red , yellow , green )
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup deseeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup lettuce , torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- For the dressing:
- Combine the olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and raisins and mix well.
- Add the apples and mix well. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Combine the capsicum, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes and the prepared dressing and mix well.
- Add the lettuce and parsley and mix well.
- Serve chilled.