Quinoa salad with asparagus and feta
Recipe type: Salad
Low in fat and high in flavour, this quinoa salad is great for both dinner or lunch.
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 150g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed, drained
- Olive oil spray
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 75g (1/2 cup) crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 40g (1/4 cup) sunflower seed kernels
- 4 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1½ tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- Step 1
- Combine water and quinoa in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, preheat a large chargrill on high. Spray lightly with oil. Cook the asparagus for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp. Add the asparagus, capsicum, feta, sunflower seed kernels, shallot and parsley to the quinoa.
- Step 3
- Whisk the lemon juice, honey, oil and paprika in a small bowl until well combined. Add the dressing and rocket to the quinoa mixture. Season with pepper and toss to combine.