Oats and Poha Sukha Bhel
Recipe type: Snacks
Sukha Bhel is now a world famous snack, as it is not only tasty but convenient too, for both serving at parties and for carrying along in a picnic basket! You can make the sukha chutney is advance, keep the dry ingredients also ready, and toss it up any time you feel like. Here is a healthier version of the traditional recipe, made by reducing the quantity of puffed rice and adding more of oats and beaten rice, which are not only full of iron and fibre but also low in glycemic index, which helps maintain proper blood glucose levels. You can also add more interesting ingredients like pomegranate or other chopped fruits and veggies to the Oats and Poha Sukha Bhel, for added taste and nutrition
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup beaten rice (poha) flakes
- ½ cup puffed rice (kurmura)
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- To Be Blended Into A Sukha Chutney (without Using Water)
- ½ cup finely chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal (daria)
- ½ tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Combine the oats, beaten rice and puffed rice in a deep non-stick pan, dry roast on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till they turn crisp.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and transfer it into a deep bowl.
- Add the sukha chutney and all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve immediately.