Lemon and Coriander Soup ( Vitamin C Rich)
Recipe type: Tips
The best way to live a fit and happy life despite this daily inconvenience, is to boost your natural immunity, and including vitamin C rich foods in your diet is one way of achieving this. That’s all the more reason to enjoy this delicious Lemon and Coriander Soup made with vitamin C rich ingredients like lemon, coriander, carrots and cabbage. The vegetable stock used in this recipe also helps boost vitamin C levels of each bowlful. Vitamin C is also helpful in relieving cold and cough, so enjoy this comforting soup piping hot on days you feel down, or any cool winter’s day for that matter.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped carrots
- 3 cups basic vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the basic vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve immediately.