Tomato Niluva Pachhadi Recipe
Recipe type: Pickles
Learn how to make Tomato Niluva Pachhadi recipe at home. Tomato Pachhadi is a yummy pickle. This Andhra tomato pickle can be preserved for long duration also. So let’s know the preparation of Tomato Niluva Pachhadi. If you find this Tomato Niluva Pachhadi recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Tomato Niluva Pachhadi recipe, so that any one can make this Tomato Niluva Pachhadi very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- 1 kgTomatoes
- ½ kg oil
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups Redchillie powder
- 5 red chillies
- 2 tsps mustard
- Fenugreek seeds-2 tsps
- few curry leaves for seasoning
- Wash the tomatoes and clean them with a neat dry cloth.
- Cut them into little pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Add the salt and turmeric.Mix the contents thoroughly.
- seperate the seeds from the tamarind and add it to the mixture.
- Place it in the sun.Place the juice which gets seperated from the drying up mixture in a seperate clean bowl.Dry the tomatoes frequently stirring it for 4-5 days.U can mix the juice extract back to the tomatoes in small quantities each day its getting dried.
- when the tomatoes get dried,add the redchillie powder.
- Fry the fenugreek seeds till u smell its aroma.cool them and powder.Add it to the tomatoes.
- Grind the tomatoes to a rough paste.
- In a fry pan heat the oil and do away the seasoning with mustard,red chilles and cury leaves.Turn off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Once the oil gets completely cooled add the grinded paste to it.
- Store it in a clean and dry air-tight jar.This will last atleast for a year.
- Tastes absolutely great with plain hot rice,chapathis,puris etc.