Stewed Green Tomatoes
Recipe type: Curries
Green tomatoes cooked with paprika, curry powder and brown sugar.
- 4 green tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp onions, chopped
- ¼ tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- For the garnish
- chopped parsley
- Heat the butter in a pan and saute the onion pieces till they turn translucent.
- Add the green tomatoes, paprika, curry powder, brown sugar and salt and stir fry for some time.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of water, lower the flame and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley.
Use the softer green tomatoes instead of to the firm ones, for better results.