Fried Soya Tofu Cheese Sticks
Recipe type: Appetiser
Breaded tofu sticks make an excellent vegan substitute for fish fingers or other meaty fried "stuff". They are great to serve straight on the plate or they can serve as dipping sticks for sauces, dips and salsas
- All Purpose Flour 2 Tablespoons
- Oregano Leaves 1 Teaspoons
- Curry Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Chilly Flakes 1 Teaspoons
- Soya Sauce 2 Tablespoons
- Tofu (Soya Paneer) 250 Grams
- Corn Starch 2 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Cracker Crumble Or Bread Crumbs 1 Cup
- Oil For Deep Fry
- First cut the Tofu in a length wise.
- Take a plate adds Soya sauce, chilly flakes, curry powder, and dry oregano, mix this and coats the mixture to the tofu.
- For the lye coating slurry take a bowl add all purpose flour and corn starch, salt, curry powder, in this pour the hot water and mix it like a paste (slurry) Take some crackers crumble in a plate
- Drop the tofu in the made slurry and coat with crumble and fry them in the hot oil.
- Serve this hot with favorite sauce.