Brinjal Potato Curry with Onion Tomato Gravy
Recipe type: Curries
Brinjal Potato Curry with Onion Tomato Gravy, popularly known as Aloo baingan ki subji is made with cubed brinjals and potatoes cooked in a onion tomato gravy.
- Mustard Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Turmeric ¼ Teaspoons
- Cumin Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Chilly Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Salt To Taste
- Oil 3 Tablespoons
- Tomatoes 100 Grams
- Onions 100 Grams
- Cumin Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Eggplant 150 Grams
- Potatoes 150 Grams
- Coriander Chopped ½ Bunch
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add onions, salt, sauté it and add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, turmeric, chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, mix this and put the lid on
- and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a slow flame (4 to 5 whistles), use this gravy in many veg and non veg curries.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, when mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds, eggplant pieces, salt,
- mix it well and put the lid on let it cook for 3 minutes then add water and again put the lid on and let it cook till eggplant is tender,
- add onion gravy cook this for few minutes,
- then add potatoes (boiled) cook for 5 minutes then switchoff the flame, add coriander chopped. Serve this hot with roti, rice.