Tomato Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 8 slices of brown or white sandwich bread / or 1 sandwich loaf cut into slices
- 1 tomato
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 tbsp freshly crushed black pepper or pepper powder
- salted butter
- salt (optional)
- Finely slice the cucumber and tomatoes
- Trim the edges of the bread.
- Apply butter evenly on the breads and keep aside. Apply a slightly thick layer of butter on the bread, if you are making the sandwiches for picnics, tiffin or travel.
- Arrange firstly 4 slices of tomato on the buttered bread. Then arrange another layer of 4 cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of pepper powder or freshly ground pepper on the sandwich.
- Season with salt. This is optional as we are using salted butter. However, if you are making this sandwiches to take during travel, picnic or for your child’s tiffin box, then avoid salt. As the tomatoes and cucumber will release water due to the presence of salt and thus the sandwiches will become soggy and moist.
- Cover with another slice of buttered bread.
- Cut the tomato cucumber sandwich diagonally into 2 or 4 parts.
- Serve Tomato Cucumber Sandwiches with potato wafers and tomato sauce.
- If making for tiffin box, then wrap the sandwiches in a cling film or aluminium foil and place keep it in the tiffin box.