Bacon, tomato and avocado jaffles
Recipe type: Breakfast
Feeling peckish? This toasted bacon, cheese and avo sandwich is ready in less than ten minutes.
- 250g bacon, rind removed, cut into thirds
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 thick slices multigrain bread
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat a sandwich press. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon for 6 minutes, turning, or until crispy. Drain.
- Spray oil over 1 side of 4 slices of bread. Place onto a flat surface, oil-side down. Top with bacon, tomato, avocado and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining bread slices. Spray with oil.
- Place sandwiches, 2 at a time, into sandwich press. Cook for 6 minutes or until golden. Serve.