Bajra Aloo Roti
Recipe type: Breakfast
Keeping anemia at bay, the bajra-potato way! iron rich roti maintains your body temperature and protects you from cold weather too.
- 2 cups bajra (black millet) flour
- ¾ cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 3 to 4 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
- ½ tsp garam masala (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee for cooking
- Combine all the ingredients to make a soft dough, using warm water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6") diameter circle.
- Cook the rotis on a hot tava (griddle) using a little ghee, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot.